Calgary – Castle

September 2, 2009

\The Castle was built by Captain Alan MacAskill. The tourist site of Inivea, a deserted village, stands nearby. Calgary takes its name from the Gaelic and means “Meadow beside the Bay”

The City of Calgary, located in Alberta, Canada was named after Calgary Castle.

During World War 1, Edinburgh Dr Elsie Inglis,
along with a team of women, established field hospitals in the battlefields of Europe

Col. James Farquharson MacLeod
(FORT MacLEOD)

MacLeod was born on the Isle of Skye, Scotland in 1836.
He had been a soldier, Diplomat, Lawmaker and Judge.
He was also a member of the North West Mounted Police in 1873.
Fort MacLeod was named after Col. MacLeod.

Comments

Want to contribute? Leave a comment!